Cigerette Justin Cigerette Justin

What?

WTF mates?
Your entire movie seems to be based around a crap song. Yeah.

Dog V.S Satan Dog V.S Satan

An effort... I guess...

The thing with movies like this is that they aren't TOTALLY awful, as the idea isn't crap. Satan fighting a dog has some (but less than a lot) potential to be funny. But it's got no business on the front page. This is a hodgepodge of lame references to Hellraiser (which I can't say I understand, as you made your own Satan character, so is your Satan like subservient to the Hellraiser character... or what?). The AC/DC was extremely clever for your movie... as it's sort of about hell... sort of... and your movie... has parts in hell. Yeah man. Don't like to say it, but this has no pacing, shit sound work, lousy animation and no story. But awfully snazzy of you to get Lucas to THX your movie. Oh wait, that was fake. Damn.

Arab Assassin Arab Assassin

Whaaa?

Why is there a story credit?

Worm vs The Universe Worm vs The Universe

Touching

Hmmm... you know you're a progressive, intelligent human being when you tell someone else to be 'normal'. Hmph. Anyhow, I really enjoyed this, and I loved the way the story really gets across without the movie being preoccupied with the linear narrative. Things happen, yeah, but it's the feeling and that sense of space that you really get accross quite well. Good work.

Un - Iceland Un - Iceland

And...?

Time lapse is cool. I think we can all agree that time lapse is cool. I think we can all also agree that when the subject is boring, the time lapse gets equally boring. I have no idea what you thought adding the little pictures and graphics would do for the movie, but they're completely unmotivated, and they make it look like amateurish crap. I was waiting for you to put Tyler Durden in for a single frame. This is nothing but visual gibberish.

FIE responds:

yea, i got slightly motivated to actually put some cool drawing shit in there... but then i got lazy.. and decided to put random pictures in there.... and was tired and couldn't control myself when pressing the submit button... maybe i will get rid of the useless crap.. thx for the advice

Astrobots Astrobots

Campy

Just looking at this for what it is, it's kind of funny. A toy robot walking in a straight line towards a helpless toy 'victim'. Silly, but kind of funny, with the titles as severe as they are. But reading your responses to criticism, I get the feeling you were under the impression you were making something good. Had you just been going for funny, that'd be one thing, but if you think this lame ass piece of shit is actually worth the time of anyone but you and your friends as an inside joke, there is only one term I can think of to describe you: blovatious cock.

robototron responds:

I don't know where the misunderstandng started, but you hit the nail on the head: IT'S A TOY ROBOT WALKING IN A STRAIGHT LINE TOWARDS A HELPLESS TOY "VICTIM!" (actually, the victim is a wine cork, 4 nails, and a beer cap). That's all it's meant to be! But when people get all nasty and insult me and the movie as if we were trying to make some epic film, well that's when I get pissed. It's just a fucking campy (that's the perfect word) movie. That's it. Of course I don't think it's anymore than that. And if people don't like campy, fine.

The Movie of Power The Movie of Power

Experiment gone awry

I think this was an interesting idea, and I like that it disregards linear storytelling in favor of a more basic form of communication. However, I think it's fair to say that nothing at all is communicated, and that no matter how abitious one may be, it is not a victory to confuse an intelligent audience. It fely like you were implementing effects as you discovered them, and like your purpose after a few seconds was to fill the time the song took to play. The goal of any form of art is communication, and this, I'm sorry, falls flat on its face.

GoldenMonkey responds:

soz, i lost my attention span after "interesting"

The Final Task The Final Task

Style over content

I must say, this is a great piece of flash, but not much more. And I would be wary of this methodology- that is, of allowing style and form to supercede substance. While as an excersise it is impressive, it seems to me nothing more than a magic show, a bag of tricks on display. And not to nitpick, but the entire jump/clash/death routine is almost comically cliche. It is saved by the superb visuals, but again, take care not to get seduced by craft.

Smile! Smile!

Direct, but effective

I must say, you do get your share of wonderfully articulate reviews- "Wow, u r talented". Hmmmm. Anyhow, I was very impressed by your short, and the ending works, but the payoff I think comes a bit too late, or is delivered a bit too nebulous a manner. Maybe to see their machine parts in profile could work- just speculating. The disco and orgy as the hedonism of a black and white mentality is, again, very direct in its assault on the modern social establishment, but works in the overarching framework. My favorite bit has to be his POV as we see the panel, and the drops of blood being forced out of him (as his smile is). A more refined vehicle for this message would make it seem less angst-inspired and more artistic, but this stands very strong on its own, and I hope to see more soon. Good work.